Works with the Wolfe Street Foundation, Inc. WSF staff manages and operates Wolfe Street Center. Wolfe Street Foundation (WSF) is Arkansas' largest non-profit…
• Wolfe Street Foundation (WSF) is Arkansas' largest non-profit resource dedicated to recovery from alcoholism and addiction.
• Since 1982, the Wolfe Street Foundation has provided outreach facilities for people and their families who are looking for a way out of the alcoholism and addiction cycle.
• WSF also provides community outreach programming and education to the public and partners in the Central Arkansas area.
WOLFE STREET FOUNDATION
• WSF is classified as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax exempt, charitable corporation
• Governed by a 12-member board of directors
• WSF staff manages and operates Wolfe Street Center
• WSF Foundation is not associated with Alcoholics Anonymous World Service Organization, nor any other for-profit treatment facility
• WSF is 100% privately funded by groups using the Wolfe Street Center and by individuals and community corporate sponsors
• WSF office staff includes an Executive Director with 2 direct reports with opportunity for growth
• WSF serves as landlord to recovery-based groups, workshop organizers and related non-profit entities who meet at the Wolfe Street Center.
WOLFE STREET CENTER
• 12,000 plus square foot facility located in downtown Little Rock
• Operates 365 days a year, 16 hours a day
• Holds 250 recovery meetings each month
• Offers 2 meals each week
• Hosts a variety of workshops and special events for people and their families seeking recovery.
• Special committees, district groups and other related organizations lease meeting space to further their impact of recovery in Central Arkansas.
• For more information about the Wolfe Street Foundation, please visit the website at wolfestreet.org.
POSITION OVERVIEW FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
• The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors
• Serves as the Wolfe Street Foundation, Inc.’s “Chief Development Officer” and the Executive Director
• Establishes and implements strategies to secure financial and related resources that supports Wolfe Street Foundation’s strategic and operational objectives
• Develops, refines and implements an individual giving strategy to secure revenue
• Builds long term funding relationships
• Responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices
• Selects, employs, manages and discharges all employees and maintains personnel policies
• Directs and manages the funding campaigns related to special projects.
• Works with the Wolfe Street Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors to assure a high level of engagement and board giving.
• Provides leadership, insights, and support to address organizational issues.
• Implement, manage, expand and evaluate programs and services
• Maintain official records and documents to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations
• Establish sound working relationship and cooperative arrangements with community groups and
• Represents the programs and point of view of WSF to agencies, organizations and the general public
• Assures achievement of objectives, anticipates skill requirements and develops staff to meet current and long term needs of the organization.
• Ensures the mission of WSF is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The preferred candidate will have a successful history of corporate, foundation and individual fundraising with experience in a non-profit organizational structure.
• At least five years of successful fundraising work.
• Have a successful history of corporate, foundation and individual fundraising with experience in a nonprofit organizational structure
• Work collaboratively, building trust with Board members, staff and internal leaders
• Influence others to open doors to potential donors and engage in fundraising efforts
• Establish fundraising business processes that enable a team to secure funding beyond the individual success of one fundraiser.
• Pursue traditional avenues of fundraising but willingness to consider new nontraditional methods.
• Persuasively communicate complex concepts and programs to the highest level of corporations and individuals.
• Foster an environment of customer focus that leads to donor acquisition and retention.
• Effectively manage change within the organization
• Experience in leading, building, and retaining a professional and skilled development team in a
performance driven and results-oriented environment
• Have a track record of identifying and developing talent.
The Executive Director will be/have:
• Be an inspirational leader able to motivate staff, Board of Directors, donors and others at all levels to embrace Wolfe Street Foundation’s mission and brand.
• Have success in working with diverse constituents and helping the organization execute its strategic and operational plans.
• Be a strong individual communicator able to frame a message to resonate with a variety of audiences and constituencies using a variety of communication techniques.
• Have a strong service focus and ability to work with donors and other customers to define needs.
• Demonstrate ability to achieve results through influence and diplomacy to reach common ground and build alliances without compromising the organization’s interests.
• Have flexibility to adapt to a dynamic, changing landscape and customers.
• Have a strong intellectual curiosity and a track record of thinking “outside the box” to explore and
implement new innovations that achieve desired outcomes.
• Strong, sensitivity, appreciation and understanding of diverse cultures.
• Have a record of complete integrity and strong personal character.
• Have the ability to resolve conflict in a positive and productive manner.
• Have organizational awareness and business savvy.
• Have an exemplary performance record.
Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
A competitive compensation package will be provided.
Resumes must be received no later than 12:00 noon on Monday, August 20, 2019